FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5153 Discussions

How i do to blink a led with the gpio port.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi 

im cuban and my internet conexion sucks (6kb/s speed) but im trying to finish a project but im stuck. 

im triying to do that a withe led strip (12v) blink like a binary counter, its 6 seccion of these strip, so i use the my_first_fpga project for altera and change the pin assigment from the led pins to the gpio port pins i need, but dosent work. i tried to search some documentation but dosent help. 

i already mount the mosfets and when its not running the program the DE0 NANO CYCLONE IV give the 1.3 volts i need, but when the program run give only 0.6 and do nothing. 

please i be very gratefull if someone helpme. 

i know its a basic question but i need to implement these for a thesis project and i just cant do it.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you sure the IO can deliver the current needed to "switch" the FETs?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Are you sure the IO can deliver the current needed to "switch" the FETs? 

--- Quote End ---  

thanks for answer dude, im new in this forum and i aprieciate you take the time to answer. that day i saw a person that askme if the ide strip i was using came with the board and when i probe with out the strip the project work perfect.  

thanks again for care