FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

How to add pull-ups on DE10-nano GPIO

jackhab
New Contributor I

I'm trying to add weak pull-ups on JP7 GPIO1 of DE10-nano board.

The board boots to Linux so as far as I understand FPGA image is loaded by Uboot from the rbf file on boot partition.

There is a Default FPGA project provided with DE10-nano, however, GPIO pins are not assigned in this project.

What am I missing here? Is this the correct project? Which settings map between Cyclone pins and GPIO accessed by HPS and how to modify them to enable weak pull-ups?

Thanks

25 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel

you can make sure board revision and the file meant for the board are same .

Anyhow good news is you are able to boot it ; Now try modifying the working rbf design files and see any changes in the led.

I cant say what may be issue until fully compare the hardware and the software built for it .

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
jackhab
New Contributor I

My board revision is C0 and I verified the CD package I downloaded matches the HW revision.

What do you mean by " try modifying the working rbf design files"? If I try to modify Default Quartus project from the CD and create new RBF file it cannot be loaded by U-Boot.

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Once you create the RBF , are you uboot using the hw_sw hand off file ?

Regards,

sree

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Sorry..I was in hurry..anyway what i mean is ..once you modify Default Quartus project from the CD and create new RBF file , Did you create the new uboot.img, preloader and other files .

Thank you,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
jackhab
New Contributor I

I just found the correct FPGA project for DE10-nano is in https://github.com/intel/de10-nano-hardware.git

Thanks for the support, Sree.

0 Kudos