FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

How to continuously capture and log data from running design on DE1SoC using signal tap? Capture data for 1 hour and continuously save it to csv files ?

RElna
Beginner

Hi,

• I would like to know how to continuously capture data from DE1SoC for long time. I thought I can have a for loop in tcl. In each loop round I would call run analysis and save data in a log and then export the saved log to csv. I wrote the following tcl script, however, no data log is written and stp is corrupted instead.

open_session -name file.stp

run -instance auto_signaltap_0 -data_log log_1 -timeout 5

export_data_log -data_log log_1 -filename test.csv

close_session

Do you have suggestions on how to solve this issue.

• I also want to continuously capture data from signaltap, I do not want to wait on a trigger. Shall I set all triggers to don't care and use Basic OR ?

Best Regards,

Rana

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I would suggest that you make sure that the data can be acquired from signal tap.

Here is a guide that you can refer to:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53009.pdf

Also exporting captured data can be found on page 60 and the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_stp_ver_1.0_cmd_export_data_log.htm

Regards.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you attach the log files generated in two quartus_stp versions?

Also, was the data able to be exported successfully in .csv format?

Regards.

0 Kudos
RElna
Beginner
Hi Sure, How can I extract the logs ? Data has been exported to csv successfully only in version 18.0 but in version 15.1 it returns all don't cares. Best Regards, Rana
0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Probably you could share the screenshot of the exported don't care values and the logs that is displayed.

Regards

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I suspect that the problem lies in the command "-data_log log_1" that is causing the issue, may I know where did you get the following script? From any sources/website?

For now I would suggest that you try triggering to make sure the data is captured correctly.

0 Kudos