Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RElna
Beginner

How to continuously capture and log data from running design on DE1SoC using signal tap? Capture data for 1 hour and continuously save it to csv files ?

Hi,

• I would like to know how to continuously capture data from DE1SoC for long time. I thought I can have a for loop in tcl. In each loop round I would call run analysis and save data in a log and then export the saved log to csv. I wrote the following tcl script, however, no data log is written and stp is corrupted instead.

open_session -name file.stp

run -instance auto_signaltap_0 -data_log log_1 -timeout 5

export_data_log -data_log log_1 -filename test.csv

close_session

Do you have suggestions on how to solve this issue.

• I also want to continuously capture data from signaltap, I do not want to wait on a trigger. Shall I set all triggers to don't care and use Basic OR ?

Best Regards,

Rana

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hi,

I would suggest that you make sure that the data can be acquired from signal tap.

Here is a guide that you can refer to:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53009.pdf

Also exporting captured data can be found on page 60 and the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg...

Regards.

Hi,

Can you attach the log files generated in two quartus_stp versions?

Also, was the data able to be exported successfully in .csv format?

Regards.

RElna
Beginner

Hi Sure, How can I extract the logs ? Data has been exported to csv successfully only in version 18.0 but in version 15.1 it returns all don't cares. Best Regards, Rana

Hi,

Probably you could share the screenshot of the exported don't care values and the logs that is displayed.

Regards

Hi,

I suspect that the problem lies in the command "-data_log log_1" that is causing the issue, may I know where did you get the following script? From any sources/website?

For now I would suggest that you try triggering to make sure the data is captured correctly.