FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

How to get Data from a Verilogfile to the NIOS II Softcore

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi i m using the NEEK Board and want to know if there is an Easy way to access the SRAM on it from Hard and Software. 

here the explain of my needs. 

The SRAM is initializiest in verilog and there is an write and read access the most time.  

now i need the Data that are saved in the SRAM in my Software to work with it. How can i access the Data in the SRAM ? 

the Data is ~185000 x 24 Bit Blocks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

*bump up* still need help *sob*

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

One possible solution: 

Add the SRAM interface to your SOPC builder system. This way, you can easily access it from NIOS. Then, convert your verilog in question to a custom SOPC builder component with an Avalon master port. The component can access the SRAM via this port. You may also want to add a slave port so that you can control the custom component from NIOS.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

mhh good idea 

problem is that the Verilog Function uses the SRAM to Store Data and change Data and use the Data to do more other things :D 

but its a idea maybe i should try that ! Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

problem is that the Verilog Function uses the SRAM to Store Data and change Data and use the Data to do more other things 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't see what the problem is. 

If the SRAM is an Avalon slave and your custom verilog and NIOS CPU are both masters, both your custom verilog and NIOS CPU can access the SRAM. SOPC builder will automatically provide arbitration logic.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

oh ok thats a great thing! i just try a other thing i m just working on than i ll try ur Version :)

0 Kudos