FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

How to merge the reconfig module in project and finish the complication?

BQi
Beginner

Customer name Beijing run

1SM21BH2F53E2VG,quartus pro 19.3,H tile

We have the different rate in receiver channel and transmit channel, it is simplex mode

in the same time, the 48 transceivers need be dynamic reconfig

when we have no reconfig module, the project can be compile ok, but when we add the reconfig module, it can not be pass the compilation

the attachment is one example, which have four transcievers and reconfig module.pls help .the project file locate in the top directory.

we instant 4 indepent tx in H tile, 4 indepent rx in same H tile. these are 4 pairs.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BQi
Beginner

err(1).jpg

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay as this case was just routed to me. As I understand it, you have simple instances of TX and RX and would like to merge the reconfig interfaces. For your information, to merge the reconfiguration interfaces for different instances, you would need to use the "XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP" QSF assignment. For further details on the requirement and limitation, you may refer to the Intel® Stratix® 10 L- and H-Tile Transceiver PHY User Guide -> "Rules for Merging Reconfiguration Interfaces Across Multiple IP Cores" section for further details.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner

Hi Dear

I have add below constain in qsf file, but the project can not be compile successfully. I have attach the project, the name is project.rar. you can download it and compile it. try to find the answer.

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 2 -to SFP_RX_P[0]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 2 -to CGE_PHY_TX_P[0]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 3 -to SFP_RX_P[1]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 3 -to CGE_PHY_TX_P[1]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 4 -to SFP_RX_P[2]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 4 -to CGE_PHY_TX_P[2]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 5 -to SFP_RX_P[3]

set_instance_assignment -name XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP 5 -to CGE_PHY_TX_P[3]

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner

the 7.3M bytes attachment file(project.rar)

uploaded in Jan 23th

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the design. As I take a look the cge_tx_phy_htile_core and htile_rx_phy_core (please correct me if I am look at incorrect TX and RX instances), the following are some observation which might need your help to further look into:

1. In the TX instance, the XCVR channel type = GXT but the RX instance is using GX. Based on my understanding, both should be of the same channel type.

2. In the RX instance, the following options are enabled which would lead to unmerge:

i. Optional reconfiguration logic

ii. Embedded reconfiguration streamer

3. TX has background calibration enabled but RX does not which I believe due to RX is configured with GX.

To facilitate the debugging, I would recommend you to create simple test design with only one TX instance and one RX instance, then try to merge them into the same channel. This would ease the debugging and reduce the TAT.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner

1.Yes, Both TX and RX would be used the same GXT in 25Gbps, you can revise the design or delete the RX.

2.If you think these option which would lead to unmerge, you can delete them. then try the project.

3.I suggest you can delete the rx directly then try. thanks

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Please allow me some time to look into revising the design for testing. I will update you on the progress by end of the week or as soon as there is any finding. Please ping me if you do not hear back from me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to update on the progress. As I tested with simple test design with two simplex TX and RX, and tried to merge into a single channel. It seems like they are unable to merge. Based on this observation, it seems like we are unable to merge the reconfig interface of GT channel. I would need to further consult Factory to see if they have any insight on this. Please ping me if you do not hear back from me by mid of next week. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to update on my further finding. The reason why the we are unable to merge the simplex GT channel is due to the background calibration. Background calibration is required for data rate >17.5Gbps. When this calibration is enabled, reconfig interface merging is not supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
How about the final advice for this issue? What is the feedback from factory?
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For your information, as I consulted Factory, currently there is no plan to support the simplex merging for GT channels. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos