FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How to proceed to have FA Report for 5pcs ALC3-1AB227640008/EP4S100G5H40I1N?

ADobr
Beginner

Please see attached report with the failure description. The parts failed in the field.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello ADobr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

In order to get the best assistance I will be moving your thread to the appropriate support forum. 

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ADobr
Beginner

Hi David,

Nobody from Intel contacted me. How should I proceed?

Regards,

Alina

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ADobr,

I am Wani, who support the failure analysis for Intel FPGA. Unfortunately, I just received the case by today. I deeply apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused you faced.

I understand the delay in case filling and I will try my best to help the solve your issue soonest.

In future, you may file any FPGA technical issue you faced to the right Intel FPGA forum to avoid delay in case routing process :

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004MLEjx/how-to-proceed-to-have-fa-report-for-5pcs-alc31ab227640008ep4s100g5h40i1n      

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

To get better understanding about the failure, can you help me to provide some details ;

1. What is the failure rate? What is the failure rate vs. tested sample? Example: 2 out of 100 units.

2. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail. 

3. When did the failure happen? How did you discover the failure? 

4. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures. 

5. Does the failure unit ever working before failure?

6. Did they violate solder re-flow temperature profiles, moisture sensitivity? Please provide the re-flow temperature profiles. 

7. Did you swap the failure device to a known good board? Is the failure following the device or board?

8. Kindly provide quantitative investigation result that could proof the failure is Intel FPGA induced. 

*please do not share private and confidential information publicly. If you need to send P&C document, please send it privately.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
ADobr
Beginner
Hi Wani, Please see below: 1. What is the failure rate? What is the failure rate vs. tested sample? Example: 2 out of 100 units. DO NOT HAVE THIS INFO. THESE RETURNS ARE PART OF THE FMA PROCESS 2. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail. FAILURES DETAILED IN THE REPORT 3. When did the failure happen? How did you discover the failure? FIELD FAILURE 4. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures. FUNCTIONAL TESTS (ELECTRICAL&OPTICAL) 5. Does the failure unit ever working before failure? ALL UNITS WORKED IN FIELD BEFORE FAILURE OCCORED 6. Did they violate solder re-flow temperature profiles, moisture sensitivity? Please provide the re-flow temperature profiles. THIS IS NOT THE CASE 7. Did you swap the failure device to a known good board? Is the failure following the device or board? NO SWAP 8. Kindly provide quantitative investigation result that could proof the failure is Intel FPGA induced. Best Regards, [cid:image001.png@01D215AB.1E6879C0] Alina Dobri Supplier Quality Engineer Calea Torontalului DN6, km5.7 RO-300000 Timisoara Romania Phone number: 0040356474010 Creating value that increases customer competitiveness alina.dobri@flex.com<mailto:alina.dobri@flex.com> www.flextronics.com<http://www.flextronics.com/>
0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Alina,

I will send a private message for shipping instruction.

Please do let me know if you not receive it.

Regards,

Wani

0 Kudos
ADobr
Beginner
Hi Wani, We have another case for 2pcs ALC3-1AB310260004_REP / 5SGXMA7N2F45I3N, Attached you can find the report with the failure description. Please provide RMA and shipping instructions. Thank you and Best Regards, [cid:image001.png@01D215AB.1E6879C0] Alina Dobri Supplier Quality Engineer Calea Torontalului DN6, km5.7 RO-300000 Timisoara Romania Phone number: 0040356474010 Creating value that increases customer competitiveness alina.dobri@flex.com<mailto:alina.dobri@flex.com> www.flextronics.com<http://www.flextronics.com/>
0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Alina Dobri,

Please file a new forum thread for different case. Each ERMA# will be assigned to one forum thread.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos