FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How to program the NOR Flash devices on the Cyclone 10 GX development kit

JBayl
Beginner

I'm generating a POF for CFI_2Gb (auto-detect shows 2*CFI_1Gb) and it fails to get written on the flash device. Erase was successful though.

Is there a document that shows how to program the Flash Devices on board?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi JBayl,

Have you tried this step?:

CFI 2gb C10 GX dev kit.JPG

Cheers

0 Kudos
JBayl
Beginner

Hi,

My questions is specific for the Cyclone 10 GX development board. I can erase the NOR flash successfully but it fails when it goes into Programming. Are there extra steps in programming the 2*CFI_1Gb? The POF i'm generating is for 2Gb.

r/joel

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi JBayl,

Basically, 2*CFI_1gb flash device is used to configure the FPGA in passive serial (PS) or fast passive parallel (FPP) scheme.

Thus, you need to instantiate PFL IP in MAX 10 device.

PFL ip inst.JPG

If you think this mode is complicated for you, you can used Active Serial (AS) mode. You can use EPCQL1024F24IN flash device for AS mode.

Cheers

0 Kudos
JBayl
Beginner

Hi Shafiq,

I think the PFL IP is still in the Max10 because Quartus can erase the 2*CFI flash but fails whenever its in the programming step. I've selected 1Gb and 2Gb for the sof to pof conversion and both generated POF aren't working. Is there a special step for "2*CFI"?

AS4 configuration works OK and I've been using it for development. What I'd like to do is restore to the development board to its factory default.

r/joel

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi JBayl,

If you want to restore the original MAX 10 design, go to <installation directory>\cyclone-10-gx-kit-collateral\examples\system_max10 and program the max10.pof.

Kit collateral link = https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/support/boards-kits/cyclone10/cyclone-10-gx-kit-collateral.zip

This will help you to restore the development board to its factory default.

Cheers

0 Kudos