FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How to run SocWatch with OpenMPI programming?

pchau25
Beginner

HI all,

I am try to measure energy consumption on my system.

I have an openMPI program.

To run it, we can rut with mpirun -n 4 ./hello

This program will print "hello" from 4 processes.

Now, If it is a C++ program, we can run SocWatch with it as

"sudo socwatch -m -f sys -f wakelock -t 35 -p ./hello"

With OpenMpi, I try .... -p mpirun -n 4 ./hello, But the program is stropped because socwatch did not recognize to mpirun.

Could you please tell me how to run SoCWatch with MPI?

If not, Is there any programe can measure energy consumption on linux.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi,

Are you using Intel FPGA for your system with the OpenMPI programming? I think you are targeting Intel Processor.

Just to let you know the correct forums for Intel Processor is https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NWWAY/processors

You are currently on FPGA Developers forums. I will route your question to the Processor team.

0 Kudos
pchau25
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

pchau25, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about this matter:

Are you referring to a specific Intel® product?

What is the model of it?

Are you working in a project, design or software development plan?

If that is the case, what is the project about?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
pchau25
Beginner

hi,

1. I am running on our server with lscpu as
-bash-4.2$ lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 32 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-31 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 16 Socket(s): 2 NUMA node(s): 2 Vendor ID: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model: 85 Model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6130 CPU @ 2.10GHz Stepping: 4 CPU MHz: 999.884 CPU max MHz: 3700.0000 CPU min MHz: 1000.0000 BogoMIPS: 4200.00 Virtualization: VT-x L1d cache: 32K L1i cache: 32K L2 cache: 1024K L3 cache: 22528K NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-15 NUMA node1 CPU(s): 16-31

We use Centos7.

2. I am using Vtune and SoCWatch for our project. Vtune for CPU and Memory measure, SoCWatch for energy measure of our program.

3. Our program includes 1 C++ program, 1 MPI program and 1 python program.

4. our plan is that we will measure memory, CPU and energy to figure out where we need to improve out program.

5. I have the problem to run our program with SoCWatch. Please give me some example to run 3 programs with SoCWatch.

6. SoCWatch is suitable to run both C++, MPI and Python program or not?

I am try to measure energy consumption on my system.   I have an openMPI program.   To run it, we can rut with mpirun -n 4 ./hello   This program will print "hello" from 4 processes.   Now, If it is a C++ program, we can run SocWatch with it as   "sudo socwatch -m -f sys -f wakelock -t 35 -p ./hello"   With OpenMpi, I try .... -p mpirun -n 4 ./hello, But the program is stropped because socwatch did not recognize to mpirun.     Could you please tell me how to run SoCWatch with MPI?     If not, Is there any programe can measure energy consumption on linux.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

pchau25, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

In order to gather the information that you are looking for, please visit, sing in and submit your inquiry in our Intel® Software support web site, they will provide further assistance about this subject in there:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-socwatch/top.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
pchau25
Beginner

hi,

Thanks,

I click to the link and I did not see the forum or anything to post my question.

I read these documents several time.

Please help!

0 Kudos