FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

How to see Transceiver phy output (received parallel data) on putty terminal?

matif
Novice

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie, Intel FPGA does not offer a putty terminal to observe the signals or nodes in the FPGA fabric. Instead, if you just want to observe, please use the Signaltap Tool provided with our Quartus Prime software. You can observe the receiver parallel data using signaltap. Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos
matif
Novice

Oh.. no no.. You didn't understand my question. I don't want simulation. I actually want to test transceiver link onto the FPGA board. I have my bitstream onto the FPGA SoC board and I want to check the output of actual transceiver link onto the FPGA board. I know there is no way to observe the simulation of transceiver onto the putty. and I already have simulation results. But I have system (HPS+transceiver) onto my FPGA SoC board and I want to interact it with putty system.

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee

​Hie,

Signaltap tool is not a simulation tool. Its similar to a logic analyzer, except it can be accessed through JTAG connection.

The transceiver registers can be accessed through AVMM; hence using a HPS to AVMM bridge will allow you to access the transceiver registers. However, the rx_paralleldata is high speed data that is not available through registers. Hence, please check if accessing the rx_paralleldata through signaltap could help meet your requirement.

Please check more details on Signaltap in the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUhsezqydQ

Regards,

Nathan

matif
Novice

Oh. ok. Sorry I didn't know about that. Thanks a lot for the link. I shall check it out. Thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Sure. Let me know if you have any remaining questions