Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAgui2
Beginner

How to update the console view (in DS-5) for software running on de10 nano linux OS?

Currently I'm following the "Debug Hello World" tutorial (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/720361) to debug the C code inside the de10 nano linux OS. However when I want to modify my code lets say by changing the print statement the console output doesn't update with the newly written statements and thus displays the previous one. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Rolando

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAgui2
Beginner

I just realize the object file doesn't update with newly written statements. Why is so?

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Did you build your C code before you run?

I have tried printing "hello world", and was able to see it on console. Then, I edited the message to "from ARM", and built the project, and was able to see it on console as well.

RAgui2
Beginner

More updates of what is going on:

• When I close and open DS-5 and compile (for the first time), I am able to see the expected output in the App Console (No Problem)
  • Once I've compiled and edit the printf and recompile, the App console won't update and display the previous output I had. Apparently I'm just able to change the output when I compile for the first time.

I believe I shouldn't close each time the IDE whenever I want to recompile.

Still not able to get this? I need more help...

RAgui2
Beginner

Now I'm kind of fixing the issue, but still not a clean solution. I am closing and opening the project every time I want to recompile (doing this will update the App Console)

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You might try to clean the build before you re-compile.

This can be done if you right-click on the project folder > clean project > then build again.

I havent face this case, and and I am able to change the code and build many times without cleaning/closing the tool.

I suggest either:

1- the tool is corrupted, you might try to re-install.

2- turn-off any anti-virus software you have on your machine.

thanks