FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

How to use XL710-QDA2 NIC card and send packets to other NIC?

ahaa
Beginner

Hello everyone!

I want to use my XL710-QDA2 NIC card on my server machine, but when I fix it into PCIe slot, it seems not work. All lights are off!And when I want to link it with another NIC card, the other card would also link down.

My questions are:

1. How could I make the  XL710-QDA2 NIC card work properly?

2.How could I use XL710 send packets with software like pkt-gen to other NIC?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query. 

1. What is the Operating System used?

2. Model of the optical modules and cable used

3. Is this a newly setup/initial configuration or does it work fine before?

4. Model of the server board used?

5. When you mentioned 'And when I want to link it with another NIC card the other card would also link down.' Does it mean that the other card is installed on another system and working fine but when the XL710 was linked/connected, the other card would also link down? 

6. Can you share the model of the other card you mentioned? 

7. Have you tried installing the XL710-QDA2 on a different PCIe slot or system? 

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to follow up after 3 business 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner
  1. 1.PNG
  2. R710:  module: RTXM420-550-C00-QSFP28_SR4-100G-100M-Tc  cable::MPO OFC-MPO-8-PC-F-OM3-F-PC-0-45-5(B)   and the other card is N3000-1 it uses the cable and module of ixia traffic generator  originally offered
  3. a new one and did not work before
  4. DELL R740
  5. the other card is also in this server and the same system and work fine separately
  6. the other card is intel N3000-1 NIC
  7. i tried and i think when i can detect the adapter on my server host,it means the installation was successful
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Thank you for the swift response.

Kindly share the additional information below that would help in further checking you query.

1. Have you tried using compatible optical modules as listed from link below?

Compatible SFP+ Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710 Series

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2. Does the X710 adapter works fine when it is the only Ethernet adapter installed on the system?

3. Have you confirmed with Dell that the adapter is validated on their system? This is to ensure that it is not a compatibility issue.

4. What is the current driver and firmware version of the adapter and where it were downloaded from? 

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to follow up after 3 business 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the additional information requested for us to continue checking your request. Should you need more time with data gathering, feel free to let us know and we will be glad to adjust our follow up date.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ahaa,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos