FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5918 Discussions

How to verify whether the encrypted rbf generated by the qcrypt tool can be decrypted correctly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I use the development board of cyclone10gx, How to verify whether the encrypted rbf generated by the qcrypt tool can be decrypted correctly?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Are you saying that you want to evaluate whether the encrypted RBF using decrypt tool is valid or not? If so, i think you may start with non-volatile key first. If it is working then only change to volatile key as volatile key is none reversable.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, let me elaborate. Proceed as follows
1. Generate the ekp file with Quartus Prime Convert Programming File.
2. Use the Quartus Programmer tool to program the ekp into the FPGA.
3. The encrypted rbf generated by sof using the Quartus Prime Convert Programming File can configure the FPGA.
4. After using the Quartus Prime Convert Programming File to generate the unencrypted rbf from sof, the encrypted rbf generated from the unencrypted rbf using the qcrypt tool cannot configure the FPGA.The command used is as follows,

qcrypt.exe -e --keyfile=keyfile.key --keyname=key1 --keystore=battery unencrypted.rbf encrypted_byQcrypt.rbf

I would like to know how to use the qcrypt tool in detail, to troubleshoot what went wrong, and look forward to your reply. thanks

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Is there any error message when running the following command?

qcrypt.exe -e --keyfile=keyfile.key --keyname=key1 --keystore=battery unencrypted.rbf encrypted_byQcrypt.rbf

Or there is no issue but the encrypted RBF generated cannot be programmed into it? If so, what is the error message obtained?

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos