FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

I am using an Arrow SoCkit Cyclone V .programmer starts to run but fails after 60%

rmclo
Beginner

I have set the the program mode 4x active serial, set the MSEL 10010 converted the file to jic with "convert File" and start the down load after approx60% it fails. The leds on the board go off as if it had done something when I power cycle the board the leds come back on.

I don't know whats wrong!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

May i know are you using USB Blaster 2? If it so, can you try to change the TCK frequency to 6MHz?

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
rmclo
Beginner
0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

Can you check if you are selecting the correct OPN in your design? The simple way to check is to program the SOF file. If it is successful, that means that the configuration setting is not correct.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
rmclo
Beginner

YL

It programmed successfully, you are correct. I am not familiar with the term OPN and how do I change it

bob

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

If you are able to program SOF successfully, that means OPN is not an issue. It is due to switch setting on the board and also the generated bitstream. Just would like to check, during JIC file generation, what memory device you selected? have you selected 128MB QSPI Flash? Also, please change all switches to default position except MSEL to ASx4 configuration mode.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos