FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

I have 2 DE0-Nano Development and Education Boards. The old board worked fine with the program, but the new board does not work with the same program. The EPCS chip of the new board is smaller than the old one, and I have an error using EPCS.

yotag
Beginner

To whom it may concern,

I am using De0-Nano FPGA board. I have 2 DE0-Nano Development and Education Boards. The previous board worked fine with the program I have. However, the new board I bought this month does not work with the same program. The program includes EPCS. When I compared the two boards, the EPCS IC chip of the new board was different from the previous board. The IC on the new board was smaller than the previous one.

The error occurs when I tried to use Nios II flash programmer, and it said

“Info: Reading System ID at address 0x04000070: verified

Info: No EPCS layout data - looking for section [EPCS-9D6017]

Info: Unable to use EPCS device

Info: Leaving target processor paused”.

The markings of the EPCS chips are

Previous: fl064pif 326QQ030 08 SPANSION and New: IS25LP064 ABLE1751 P1H037T1.

Could you kindly let me know how to solve this problem?

If this was because of the difference of the EPCS IC chip, do I have to change the pin assignments?

Thank you for your kind help in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. The DE0-Nano Development and Education Boards belong to Terasic. It would be better if you could contact Terasic for enquiry related to Terasic board. https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=12&No=20 Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully as this is out of my expertise.
0 Kudos
yotag
Beginner

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I will contact Terasic for this problem.

0 Kudos