FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5230 Discussions

I have a Terasic DE10-Lite board that contains an FPGA marked with device number 10M50DAF484C7G.

JSmit167
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JSmit167
Beginner

My post was accidently truncated, here is the full text:

I have a Terasic DE10-Lite board that contains an FPGA marked with device number 10M50DAF484C7G

The DE10-Lite User Manual said to install Quartus Prime version 16.0 or later, so today I installed the version 18.0 Lite Edition.

The issue is when I create a new project in Quartus, it only lists device 10M50DAF484C6GES for the DE-Lite board. Notice the last 4 characters do not match the device number on my board. Do I need to install a different version of Quartus Prime? If yes, which version?

Thank you.

Deshi_Intel

HI Jack,

I launched Quartus v18.0 lite edition and I can see 10M50DAF484C6GES. Refer to attached pic.

Just wonder do you installed Max10 database file properly after Quartus v18.0 lite edition installation ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

JSmit167
Beginner

​Hi dlim,

I am not sure why this is happening on my install but fortunately, I found a work around.  After the project is created, I click the device in the Project Navagator then it opens a window where it lets me select my exact device (10M50DAF484C7G).  So far it is working fine this way.

Deshi_Intel
HI Jack, Great. So you have found the workaround to get thing moving. Hopefully everything go well on your side. Regards, dlim