FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

I have a faulty Arria-10 SoC board. Please advise how to obtain an RFD so I can return the board to Mouser. Thanks!

CWarr1
Beginner

fault Description: 

Board checked and tested as per “getting started” section of user guide 

Board switches and jumper settings confirmed to be as expected. 

I am using the SD card supplied with the dev kit. The board loads the rbf file correctly, but fails to boot, because it can not connect to the SDRAM

The error message displayed on serial port is:

"emif_reset interrupt acknowledged"

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. The failure description you provided is too general to understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Can you give me a little background/elaborate on how you installed EMIF DDR3 or DDR4 HILO, did you install the card correctly? This is to rule out whether the damaged part is on EMIF HILO card or the dev kit board itself. Could you also help check whether you using dev kit board reference design following exact Quartus version as specified in reference design doc. Advise the Quartus version use?
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAdb, We have several of these boards, so I am reasonably confident that the card, and the HIOL modules are installed correctly. The 2 Micron branded HILO memory modules were installed in a static-safe work environment. They are labelled “Altera DRAM X72 daughter card” I have installed these previously with no problems. I have tried re-installing and swapping them, and also swapped them with another Arria-10 dev board. The problem stays on the faulty Arria10 dev kit card, and the HILO cards work OK when installed into a known good dev kit. For SD cards, I am using the card that came with the board. Please find attached 2 logs: terminal - Intel SD card.txt is the SD card that was shipped with the dev kit terminal - PTL SD card is the SD card generated here using Quartus 16.1.0 the results are similar. Please advise if there are any other tests you can suggest that I could carry out. Best Regards, Chris
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Sir Could you advise the Dev.kit serial number for warranty checking ?
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, Sure: Intel Arria10 SOC Development Kit Serial No: 10ASXSoC003622 Date of purchase: March 2019 (received here 19 March 2019) Thanks and regards, Chris
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Thanks for your update. Please give me some time to further check with customer service team. I will get back to you with an update.
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Sir Upon confirmation from Customer Service team, your Intel Arria10 SOC Development Kit is out of warranty. The kit was shipped on 8/2018 and the warranty period for dev kit is 90days starting from shipment date. Regrettably, we couldn’t proceed for the warranty repair claim. Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully and thank you for patience and understanding on this matter.
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, Could you please clarify this. We purchased this Intel product from Mouser, who are an Intel distributor. Date of shipment to us was March 13 2019. Are you telling me that from Intel perspective the board was already 3 months out of warranty when we purchased it ? Please could you advise on this. Thanks for your support. Chris
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Sir We apologize for inconvenience causes. After checking with Customer Service Team, Intel Arria10 SOC Development Kit with Serial No: 10ASXSoC003622 was shipped on 8/2018. The warranty period for any Development Kit is 90 Day after purchased. You may refer back with distributor (Mouser) regarding the purchasing date. Otherwise, if there are different in purchasing date recorded, do report back to us with copy of invoice showing ship date for further warranty checking. And you can also reply/attach your license.dat file in private message.
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, Thanks for your help with this. Please find attached: [1] Invoice from Mouser showing order date 11-MAR-19 [2] email with shipping date March 13 2019 [3] Email from Mouser asking us to get an RFD# number from Intel before they can process a return. NB the order was for 2 units, but only one was faulty. Please can you now send us an RFD# number so that we can return this unit to Mouser ? If there is any other information you need, please let me know ASAP. Many thanks, Chris
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, Did you receive my last email ? Please respond ASAP with the RFD# number for this faulty board, so I can return it to your distributor. Thanks, Chris
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, I still have no reply to this email. Will you please escalate to the highest possible level to get a clear answer from Intel ? Thank-you Chris
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Sorry for the delay in respond as last week is public holiday. As we communicate before, the Dev Kit is Out of warranty. You can get your distributor (Mouser) to refer to our Customer Service Team by referring to IPS ticket# 00439542 regarding the warranty issue.
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Just dropping by to check if you have any more follow up questions from your end? Do let me know if there's any issue.
0 Kudos
CWarr1
Beginner
Hi AAbd, We have returned the faulty board to Mouser, no response from them yet. Thanks Chris
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Sir Thanks for update.
0 Kudos