FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5923 Discussions

I plugged my Cyclone IV GX kit to my PCIe Expansion slot. lspci command is not listing my device. What should I do?

SAnan1
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Can you give more details? Have you downloaded any PCIe based design on to the FPGA in the kit? If the FPGA in the board is not programmed , ie, blank, the PCIe kit/card will not ge detected. For the kit to get detected, you need to have a PCIe based design running in the FPGA, like an PCIe End Point based design.

Try and download example designs for your kit from the Intel site and follow the steps given.

-Abraham

SAnan1
Beginner

I just plugged in my board and expected it to show up. Let me load the reference design and see if it gets recognized.

I have on off-topic question: I get two clk signals into my FPGA -- clk125p and clk125n can I just pick anyone? or do I need to do something like this: clk = clk120p && ~clk120n?

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Those are the LVDS clocks for the PCIe. These two clocks will be converted internally by the LVDS IOB to a single-ended clk125 internally. You can use this clock for the rest of the logic in your design.

0 Kudos
SAnan1
Beginner
The reason I'm getting confused is because I see two clocks p and n described in the documentation and both of them are mapped to the IO. So right now at my top level of HDl I see two inputs. Does that mean I should input these two clocks into a module (io buffer) and use the single clock that comes out of this buffet?
0 Kudos