FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

I tried to run RTL sim in cadence tool (ncverilog) and found some encryption files in the libraries. Then, I got some messages as below about the key file. How can I fix it? Thanks.

sjhuo
Beginner

The model encrypted file path: quartus/eda/sim_lib/mentor/twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v

===============================================

file: ../Model/FPGA/a10_model/twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v

`pragma protect data_block encoding= (enctype="base64", line_length= 76, bytes= 25130288)

ncvlog: *F,DECERR (../Model/FPGA/a10_model/twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v,37|90): Error while decrypting : unable to load key :(NCPROTECT_KEYDB environment variable not set).

ncverilog: *E,VLGERR: An error occurred during parsing. Review the log file for errors with the code *E and fix those identified problems to proceed. Exiting with code (status 2).

TOOL:  ncverilog  15.20-s035: Exiting on Apr 26, 2019 at 10:47:24 CST (total: 00:00:01)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You are running simulation in cadence tool but the simulation library is pointed to Mentor: quartus/eda/sim_lib/mentor/twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v

You have to change to the simulation library to Cadence.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, May I know if you have any updates? Thanks
0 Kudos
sjhuo
Beginner

​Hi, Sorry for my late reply.

I have solved this using cadence 's twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v file.

I found that the cadence 's twentynm_atoms_ncrypt.v files. are only available in linux version quartus, not be available in windows version.

but this is not descripted in user-gudie. I suggest this information should be added in user-guide.

Thanks for your support !!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know the edition(Pro/Standard) and version of the Intel Quartus Prime software you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sjhuo
Beginner

Hi, I used Quartus Prime 16 build 211 Standard version.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/gft1513990268888.html Table 1:Supported Simulators, Cadence simulator is supported in Linux 64-bit only.

Thanks.

0 Kudos