FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

I want to attach SSD card through PCIe slot of my FPGA cyclone V GT development board. Is it possible?

RJain32
Beginner
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Your SSD Card is PCIe endpoint? And the FPGA as root port? If yes, I guess you may need to consider to use Cyclone V SOC development kit.

The following link may be helpful to you.

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Projects/PCIeRootPort

Regards -SK

RJain32
Beginner

Thanks for reply. My board is simple Cyclone V GT development kit. Is SOC kit is essential?

RJain32
Beginner

I want to use some daughter card for PCIe to SSD card conversion. Is it possible?

SengKok_L_Intel

Your SSD card should be an endpoint, which means the FPGA card is the root port, right? If yes, then you need to use a dev kit where it can work as root port (soc board), and has the female PCIe port.

Regards -SK

RJain32
Beginner

Thanks, I am still confused. My board is not SOC but it has PCIe slot for communication. I have attached the document regarding PCIe to SSD. Kindly check it and tell me whether I can use it or not.

SengKok_L_Intel

As far as I understand, the device-side is for SSD, so the host side is for FPGA. If yes, which means the FPGA is a root port, then you need an SoC to act as host.

Regards -SK