FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

INTEL的DK-SI-1STX-E-A开发板用的是M6板材设计。 应用当中100g的以太网是没有问题的。即单个差分25g没问题。 目前所知的最高带宽为otn4 为112g以上 在m6板材下是否也可行 如果不行的话请推荐给我一个合适的板材。 m6板材推荐速率可否满足现在的速率不会受限制。是否还是需要考虑m7或ro4350b等 谢谢

smeng12
Partner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

PCB material spec will gives you some spec like "what's is expected loss over the PCB trace length" (for example, refer to attachment pic for some spec comparison between different vendor).

• But this is not the latest technology trend. Pls advise customer to check with the PCB vendor directly for latest product spec

Yet, actual PCB material selection maybe affected by other factor as well. So, there is no definite answer on which material to use. It's really up to your customer design requirement vs board development budget

• Cost : different material may incur different cost. Do you need the best material but it will cost the most expensive ?
  • Design requirement - PCB trace length : If using lower grade material like (Megtron 6) still can meet overall transmission loss, do you still need to upgrade to (Megtron 7)

Based on below article, Megtron 7 may has 20% performance boost over Megtron 6. Megtron 6 may bump into performance limit for 25Gbps over large format backplane.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I never hear back from you.

I hope I had answered your question.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos