FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

IP-TRIETHERNET License Transference

DanielGP
Novice

Hi,

We are developing a complete solution for a client where in principle the IP core with the ordering code: "IP-TRIETHERNET" will be used.

Hence, in the scope of this development, the referred IP core might me purchased by our company (e.g. company A) but later the IP core license needs to be transferred to our client (e.g. company B).
- How can this be done ?

- Do you have any webpage with an explanation of this ?

Thank you,

Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding. Our license agreement with customers requires that we formally agree to assignment or transfer of IP licenses. Licensees are *not* granted automatic rights to make these assignments. 

You needs to send us a letter indicating what the change of ownership was (aka the justification for the change) and the info on current licensee company/address versus proposed new licensee company / address as well as the products to be transferred. 

The letter should include signature lines for us to confirm back to you. Kindly prepare the letter and contact sales on this matter as legal is involved. Thanks 

0 Kudos
DanielGP
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your clear and quick feedback.

I want to take advantage of this thread to address another doubt I have about the specific license:

For the Triple Speed Ethernet IP core, there are two different licenses (IP-TRIETHERNET and IP-TRIETHERNETF). As far as we understood from another thread (https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/Difference-of-two-Altera-TSE-Ethernet-Macs/td-p/146855), the only difference between the licenses is that IP-TRIETHERNETF includes 1588 time stamping. We only need to use the part of the IP core with "1000BASE-X/SGMII PCS and PMA Signals", i.e., we do not need either MAC or 1588 time stamping. That being said:

- Could you confirm we only require the IP-TRIETHERNET license for using the triple speed ethernet IP core for deployment in the configuration with "1000BASE-X/SGMII PCS and PMA"?

Thank you,
Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

For the Triple Speed Ethernet IP core (IP-TRIETHERNET and IP-TRIETHERNETF) requirement, you could refer to our distributor.

Kindly find the contact for your local distributor/technical from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully as this is out of my expertise. Thank you for patience and understanding on this matter.

0 Kudos
DanielGP
Novice

Hi,

Would it be possible to transfer this question to someone within Intel with knowledge of this IP core? Given that this IP belongs to Intel, I do not think the distributor will be able to address to such specific doubts.

After checking again the user guide (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ethernet.pdf), starting from page 6, it seems that the "IP-TRIETHERNETF" license only seems to add the 1588 time stamping (Precision Time Protocol), which is a feature I assume it is added in the MAC (we are using an opensource MAC which also supports that feature, although we are not making use of it).

Taking into account that we only need to use the triple speed ethernet IP core for deployment in the configuration with "1000BASE-X/SGMII PCS and PMA", we believe we can use the "IP-TRIETHERNET" license. However, before advancing with the purchase, we need to make sure this information is correct.

Regards and thank you,
Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Apologize for the long delay due to system error and we don’t receive your feedback earlier. My suggestion is for you to open new case of “Triple Speed Ethernet IP core (IP-TRIETHERNET and IP-TRIETHERNETF) requirement” support where Intel can then assign case to correct support team since we have different engineers to handle different field of specialty.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and if you don’t have any further question, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos