FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

IP-TRIETHERNET License

DanielGP
Novice

Dear all,

Currently, I am testing the Triple Speed Ethernet (TSE) IP Core for a project. Now, I am very interested in purchasing the license whose Ordering Code is IP-TRIETHERNET for deployment purposes. However, I need to clarify a couple of questions:

1) If I purchase one license for the Stratix V FPGA, can I use the same license for different boards or is the license associated with only one specific Stratix V FPGA?

2) In the future we are planning to have a board with more than one physical ethernet interface. In this case, can we use a single license for instantiating several TSE IPs in the same design?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello DanielGP,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Please let us know when you can perform the test 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DanielGP
Novice

Thank you for transferring the topic, Michael.

However, I have not received an answer yet from this topic, which is quite urgent for me.

Regards,
Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi DanielGP,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Forum.

I am Wani who will continue support to your case. Please allow me some time to review your issue, I will reply you back shortly.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi DanielGP,

I am sorry for keep you waiting for long time.

1) If I purchase one license for the Stratix V FPGA, can I use the same license for different boards or is the license associated with only one specific Stratix V FPGA?

>  IP-TRIETHERNET is a stand alone license. It is not associate to any dev kit. In other word, you can use to any supported devices as mention in  IP-TRIETHERNET user guide.

2) In the future we are planning to have a board with more than one physical ethernet interface. In this case, can we use a single license for instantiating several TSE IPs in the same design?

> Can you explain further, how do you plan to use the license?

> Are you plan to use fix or floating license?

> Do you plan to use server for this application?

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
DanielGP
Novice

Hi, Wani.

Thank you for you reply. So, my answers are underlined:

>  IP-TRIETHERNET is a stand alone license. It is not associate to any dev kit. In other word, you can use to any supported devices as mention in  IP-TRIETHERNET user guide.

>> Perfect, this is what I needed to know. Thank you!

> Can you explain further, how do you plan to use the license?

> Are you plan to use fix or floating license?

> Do you plan to use server for this application?

>> Our idea is to use the license for different projects and boards. On one particular project, imagine we have 2 ethernet interfaces, which means that we would need to instantiate the IP-TRIETHERNET twice in the design. With a single standalone license, can we instantiate the IP-TRIETHERNET twice in order to work in both ethernet interfaces?

Thank you again for all your support.

Regards,

Daniel Pestana.

0 Kudos