FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5203 Discussions

In-System Memory Content Editor - Export Data

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have created a RAM block using megaWizard. Data written in this RAM are based on input from HSMC port. 

I'm able to see RAM content with In-System Memory Content Editor, but when tryinhg to export these data in a file (Export Data to file...) nothing happened... :confused: ... (no popup open to ask a file name or whatever..).. 

Is there an issue with this tool, or specific thinks to do to be able to export data ? 

Thanks ;-)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, precise you environment : Windows ? with admin rights ? Quartus version ?  

first Click on the name of the instance of your In system Content Editor RAM block. 

You can export only one instance at a time (Quartus 9.1)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. 

I'm using Quartus 32 bits v11.1 Build 216 on a Windows 7 station. I have admin rights. 

I'm able to see the RAM instance created (only one), and read values, but when trying to export, nothing happened...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Maybe your antivirus, firewall block any task of Quartus. 

I get notification that Avast antivirus wants to sandbox some executables of Quartus. 

you could send an altera service request.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

I have created a RAM block using megaWizard 

--- Quote End ---  

How do you do that? I have data coming in from GPIO to a microprocessor and I can see the data in the Debug mode of NIOS but cannot export these points to *.txt for example. How can I do that? 

I have Quartus 10.0, Windows xp and no admin rights. 

Mauricio