FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Intel / Altera DK-DEV-1SDX-P-A Memory access latency

Chuck33
Beginner

Hi,

The Intel/Altera DK-DEV-1SDX-P-A development board has the capability to support Intel Optane memory DIMMs. Could you please tell me what is the Optane memory access latency comparison of the following scenario?

1.  CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2.  CPU->MC->Optane

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

The Optane memory IP (DDR-T) document is not publish and it is provided per request basis. Thus, you must contact your local sales representative to get further information for it.

From a very high level, I can tell you that the latency for DDR-T is slight worst compare to normal DIMM like DDR4 as the DDR-T offering higher capacity.

And also, for a system level as below, by right user has to do the simulation to determine the latency.

1. CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2. CPU->MC->Optane

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

The Optane memory IP (DDR-T) document is not publish and it is provided per request basis. Thus, you must contact your local sales representative to get further information for it.

From a very high level, I can tell you that the latency for DDR-T is slight worst compare to normal DIMM like DDR4 as the DDR-T offering higher capacity.

And also, for a system level as below, by right user has to do the simulation to determine the latency.

1. CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2. CPU->MC->Optane

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.