FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4965 Discussions

Intel / Altera DK-DEV-1SDX-P-A Memory access latency

Chuck33
Beginner

Hi,

The Intel/Altera DK-DEV-1SDX-P-A development board has the capability to support Intel Optane memory DIMMs. Could you please tell me what is the Optane memory access latency comparison of the following scenario?

1.  CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2.  CPU->MC->Optane

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

The Optane memory IP (DDR-T) document is not publish and it is provided per request basis. Thus, you must contact your local sales representative to get further information for it.

From a very high level, I can tell you that the latency for DDR-T is slight worst compare to normal DIMM like DDR4 as the DDR-T offering higher capacity.

And also, for a system level as below, by right user has to do the simulation to determine the latency.

1. CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2. CPU->MC->Optane

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

The Optane memory IP (DDR-T) document is not publish and it is provided per request basis. Thus, you must contact your local sales representative to get further information for it.

From a very high level, I can tell you that the latency for DDR-T is slight worst compare to normal DIMM like DDR4 as the DDR-T offering higher capacity.

And also, for a system level as below, by right user has to do the simulation to determine the latency.

1. CPU->PCIe->FPGA MC->Optane

2. CPU->MC->Optane

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post