FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Intel N3000-2 FEC mode

ahaa
Beginner

When I update the .sof image file into N3000-2 card with the method of JTAG and reboot the server machine,the FEC mode of card would return back to the default state ‘rs' ,which is wantd to be ’no'.  Because in ‘rs' state the port are link down. If I modify it to ’no',the card would update and rescan pcie address,which recovers the raw image and cleans up the .sof image I selected.

In early time of this year,we also met the question in another server. But it fixed in ’no' mode by accident and we don't do any special operations. However, this time this problem has lasted several days and makes us very upset.

How could I fix the mode of FEC?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I am able to observe the same. When FEC mode is changed, the cards performed RSU that reset the card. After reset, your programmed sof will not be loaded, instead the user image in the flash will be loaded.

Try to "fpgasupdate" the userimage, so that after you had configured the FEC to "no", it will return your desired user image with FEC=no.  

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

In the way of  "fpgasupdate",it will return my desired user image with FEC=no. But it would cost nearly 30-40 minutes and it doesn't seem to be able to capture and analyze signals in the way of signal_tap .

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Yes, fpgasupdate will take longer as it need to write to a staging area for authentication before updating the flash.

As for signal tap, you cannot use signal tap from the jtag header, you need use the remote signal tap method by establishing a port connection. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/rjg1562957780901.html#ygy1571101659886

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

Yes, that's a solution. But we prefer to fix the FEC mode in ’no‘ and update the image  using JTAG to write .sof file, which would save a lot of time and energy.

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I understand your concern, but this is the only workaround. 

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

Thanks for your reply!  We have changed the card to another server and the problem have been settled.

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos