FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Intel Quest Edition (Evaluation License)

MostafaGhouneem
Beginner

We have Quartus Prime Pro edition v 21.4 which work with Cyclone 10 GX without need to paid license. We have run Intel PCIe example design on Quartus, and when we run simulation using Questa Intel Starter edition (free edition) we got the following error: Error (suppressible): (vopt-14408) Intel FPGA Edition recommended capacity is 5000 non-OEM instances. Then when I suppress the error it gives me an error which is error suppression is not supported in free edition of Intel-Questa. So I download evaluation license for Intel Questa edition (Paid license). The simulation run when I suppress error but the simulation take long time (6 hours). I want to know is the mention capacity error will happen if we use Intel-Questa (if we buy it instead of evaluation license). Also is the simulation speed will increase or there is no difference between paid and evaluation license

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. My name is Wincent, I am assigned to work on your support request.

There is a known issue documented where when the design capacity for the simulator is exceeded it will automatically pop up the error.

Users can suppress the error, but based on my understanding, as long as the notification popup, the simulation will be slower.

Let me know if you have any different thoughts on this.

Regards,

Wincent_C_Intel

0 Kudos
1Omx
Beginner

Hallo,

I've experienced a similar problem with the Starter edition of the Questa FPGA simulator in Quartus Prime Pro 22.2 (Linux).

I would like, for one, to purchase a full license for the Questa FPGA Edition, since my project has more than 40'000 lines.

However, the Self-Service Licensing Center populates the License only with Questa FPGA Starter Edition, and it seems there is no way to make it understand that I need an upgrade to the non-free license.

According to my understanding, I'm entitled to use the full version of Quartus Prime Pro incl. Questa FPGA Edition, with the purchase of an Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA. If this is wrong, then I would be very positive about purchasing a full license of the Questa software, but there is no way to reach an Intel person able to provide me with more information about the purchase process.

I have made multiple installations of Quartus, all of them unsuccesful because the Questa FPGA Edition License is missing.

Please provide me with any information about where to request the license.

0 Kudos
MostafaGhouneem
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I know that and I suppress the error when it appeared bit the simulation take long time as they mentioned in the link you sent to me. I want to know if I buy Inel_Questa edition and I used it in simulation of the error it will give the same performance as Intel-Questa evaluation license. in another way is Intel Questa evaluation license has the same performance as paid license?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

If based on the link, I would expect the same performance either in evaluation and pay license.

As both offer almost similar features, just one in evaluation mode (as a trial for customers).

Personally, I haven't tried it, just an assumption based on the reachable resources. 

Hope this clarified. let me know if you have any different thoughts.

Regards,

Wincent_C_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided.

This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

I would appreciate taking a moment to fill out the short survey with regards to your experience using Intel Forum

If our support score is less than 9/10, I will value any feedback you can provide.

0 Kudos