FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Intel S10 GX Transceiver Development Kit

JSu
Employee

I got a set of the S10 Transceiver development kit and ran into issues in its bring-up.

(1) Use Guide recommends using Intel Quartus Prime v. 17.1ir2.b50. Questions: where to download this version? Intel site provides v17.1. Is it Ok? May I use new versions, say, v18.1, even v21.1? I am using v18.1.

(2) I downloaded the Production SW package. When I ran the Board Test System, I first saw errors related to missing mfc100.dll and msvcr100.dll. Then I copied these two files from system32 to system under /windows. This removed the errors. But now I got error message "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". Question: what caused the error? How to solve it?

Please help. Thank you very much.

Jun

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update information. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

View solution in original post

14 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. An error code (0xc000007b) usually happens when open an application on Windows. You can try the methods below and see if they can help.

1) Reboot your computer

2) Run your application as administrator

3) Reinstall your application

4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)

5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

6) Update your Windows

7) Run check disk

Switch to ChromeOS

Here something that I think might be useful https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-the-application-is-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc00007b-error/

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Thank you for your suggestion. I installed Quartus Prime Pro v17.1 complete and now the issues above were gone. 

The new issue is when I launched BTS, the GUI of BTS popped up for a short moment and then ended with an error message saying "FPGA is mismatched". What should I do to fix this issue?

Jun

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Yes, that is the board I am having.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Could you check and run again application as administrator. If still run in to issue, could you help to download and reinstall again the S10 Transceiver development kit Content

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Yes, I did a couple of times and got the same result - "FPGA was mismatched".

Meanwhile, I created a bin file for bts_sma. After installing the bin file, the IP address on the display did not appear anymore and the LED for MAX_ERROR was on all the time.

Can you please first help me remove the MAX V error and get IP address back?

Thank you,

Jun

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Thank you very much for the link.

I was trying to restore the board back to factory default setting. Following the instruction from the user guide, I finally ran into the same issue I encountered at the beginning, which is the error message saying "FPGA is mismatched". How can I do to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

May we know which content you use, L-Tile Package/ H-Tile Package.

Possibly the error is caused by the difference in system console of different Quartus revisions. It is suggested to use the right Quartus version with the right download content of dev.kit version.

You can refer to readme.txt file that accompanies the S10 GX Edition.

download Quartus here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/669352/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-17-1-for-windows.html?

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

It is H-Tile package. I have currently installed Quartus Prime Pro 17.1. Do I need to specify H-tile somewhere?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Can you get me the screenshot of error message?

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Thank you for your reply.

Attached please find the error message. You also see what I did to reset the board back to factory default setting. it ended with the error message.

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

I have made a little progress by requesting and installing a new license for Quartus Prime Pro. Now I have moved to BTS GUI, although I am encountering a new issue indicating "failed to register GUI application".

Key learnings here:

(a) I can only use Quartus Prim Pro 17.1 (not "and newer") for this board - thank you for conforming this in one of your replies.

(b) Make sure to get a new license for this board; I was using a license obtained from another FPGA application. I do not know what the difference was embedded. But it "hurts".

Thank you very much for your patiently support.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update information. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you