FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Interface welding has some issues on the new replaced Cyclone-V FPGA board

Sancy
Beginner

Dear Intel Support, 

Several days ago, we put forward the RMA service. Intel agrees our request. Yesterday we finally received the new returned FPGA board and when we opened the express package to check the FPGA board, and found that there was a problem of interface welding. You can check the express information and the photo of the FPGA board below for details. And I also attched the RMA information for your reference. 

Sancy_0-1617776750842.jpeg

Sancy_1-1617777379273.png

Sancy_0-1617776241996.jpeg

Please help check this issue. We hope Intel can provide the IPS number so that we can contact the service agent to get a new replaced board. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Sir

Thanks for your update and patience. We have opened a ticket regarding you issue. Contact local authorized Intel Distributors near you to request RMA together with the following information. Distributor link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html         

a) Development Kit S/N : 5CPCle00002517

b) IPS No. 00607060

c) The debugging steps done:

Name: Sancy Yang

Email Address: yangjun2@goodix.com

Company/University Name: Shanghai Chuansi Electronic Technology Co., Ltd

Dev kit OPN : DK-DEV-5CGTD9N

During RMA proses, customer was send with replacement board (S/N : 5CPCle00002517). Upon receiving the board, they notify that the board has a problem of interface welding. One of the switches is not in proper placement. Refer to attachment. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Sancy
Beginner

Any update on this issue?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to INTEL forum. We apologize for the inconvenience happen. My we know, is the defected switch working or not? 

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner

Dear Intel Support,

We didn't test the defected switch because we are not sure whether there are other HW issues. 

We hope we can return this detected board and get a new one. 

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner

Any updates on this issue?I am sorry to say I need quick response for this issue. I waited for more than one month to get the defected board replaced, but then receive a defected board finally. It is a very frustrated exeperience and waste a lot of valuble time for the communication. 

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner

Any reply for my request?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for your update. Apologize again for the unpleasant experience. I’m doing checking with customer service team. Could you attach screenshot of the dev.kit OPN & S/N at the back of the board for confirmation?

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner

Thanks for your understanding. The OPN is DK-DEV-5CGTD9N

Serial number is 5CPCle00002517/K11738-001

TA# is K10033-001

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

May we know, is this the same board that you apply for RMA? As the Development Kit S/N that you provide is not the same.

·      The RMA board S/N : 5CPCIe00002360

·      The interface welding problem board S/N : 5CPCle00002517

Could you help to verify? Attach the board S/N pic. 

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner

The RMA board S/N : 5CPCIe00002360 has been returned. Curretly we are requesting the RMA service for the replaced board: The interface welding problem board S/N : 5CPCle00002517

IMG_20210412_155946.jpg

713a73f32e230f66fb9d89c10c4fdf5a65abe3fe.jpg

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for your update. Please give me some time to further check with customer service team. I will get back to you with an update.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello Sir

Thanks for your update and patience. We have opened a ticket regarding you issue. Contact local authorized Intel Distributors near you to request RMA together with the following information. Distributor link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html         

a) Development Kit S/N : 5CPCle00002517

b) IPS No. 00607060

c) The debugging steps done:

Name: Sancy Yang

Email Address: yangjun2@goodix.com

Company/University Name: Shanghai Chuansi Electronic Technology Co., Ltd

Dev kit OPN : DK-DEV-5CGTD9N

During RMA proses, customer was send with replacement board (S/N : 5CPCle00002517). Upon receiving the board, they notify that the board has a problem of interface welding. One of the switches is not in proper placement. Refer to attachment. 

0 Kudos
Sancy
Beginner
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, hope all is well this time. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos