FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5199 Discussions

Interfacing custom Avalon MM Master with SPI (3 Wire Serial) Intel FPGA IP

astrocyte
Novice

I wrote a custom Avalon MM Master Component that interfaces via Qsys interconnect with a SPI (3 Wire Serial) Intel FPGA IP instance.

The signals and waveforms specified by the SPI core control port for read transactions are:

Screenshot from 2021-06-15 00-10-46.png

I have reflected these in my Avalon MM master Qsys component. Additionally I've included a waitrequest signal, as instructed in the Intel Avalon Interface Specifications documentation:

avm_waveshare_spi_read_n			: out std_logic;
		avm_waveshare_spi_write_n			: out std_logic;
		avm_waveshare_spi_chipselect		: out std_logic;
		avm_waveshare_spi_address 			: out std_logic_vector (rw_address_width - 1 downto 0);
		avm_waveshare_spi_readdata 		: in std_logic_vector (rw_data_width - 1 downto 0);
		avm_waveshare_spi_writedata 		: out std_logic_vector (rw_data_width - 1 downto 0);
		avm_waveshare_spi_waitrequest		: in std_logic;

A state machine is driving this signals, in an attempt to read the status register of the SPI core. The address I'm providing for the read is 0x8 (0 + 2*4).

Is there anything obvious I'm missing here? Any hints are much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
astrocyte
Novice

Fixed, it was incorrect size of readdata port and address.

SyafieqS

Glad you issue had been solved. I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.