FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/cluster_region_tight

dhia91
Beginner

Hello all,

i describe you my problem : 

i work on Cyclone V GX (SoC) and fit on quartus prime 17.1  --> i have a qsys core connected to a nios embedded core which worked up to now.

I only add on my qsys core ,  2 Avalon master bridge (32-bit address) --> connected to different IPs ( logic part) 

It crashed and got internal error as following:

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/cluster_region_tighten.c, Line: 649
[05:22:45] : [Step 3/6] Internal Error

impossible to know why ??? 

FYI, i test on quartus 18.1 it works...

due to project problematics we can not chang quartus version.

Can anyone help me for that ?

thanks in avdance, 

Dhia. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Dhia,

Can you running the compilation with ini "cl_region_tighten_v2_enable=off"?

This should avoid the IE.

0 Kudos
dhia91
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your reply (unfortunately too late) I bypassed the problem in usign multi seed compilation and timing correction.

hwat do you mean by "  ini "cl_region_tighten_v2_enable=off"?" ==> add tcl constraint with "cl_region_tighten_v2_enable=off"

FYI, i use script compilation...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Dhia,

Noted and glad you manage to solve it.

INI file is quartus setting where you can control the quartus unlike in GUI. You You can view and change user options in the .ini file with the Tcl commands set_user_option and get_user_option in the project Tcl package. The cl_region_tighten_v2_enable=off is is to disable cluster region during compilation.

0 Kudos
dhia91
Beginner

Hello all, 

I re-open this post, because i stil have place and route problem with this error :

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/cluster_region_tighten.c, Line: 649
[05:22:45] : [Step 3/6] Internal Error

i tried to add tcl constraint : set_user_option -name CL_REGION_TIGHTEN_V2_ENABLE OFF

but quartus do not recognize it. i have this error :

ERROR: Illegal user option name: CL_REGION_TIGHTEN_V2_ENABLE. Specify a legal user option name. To get a list of legal names, use the "get_all_user_option_names" command

Can anyone help me for that ?

FYI, i use quartus 17.1

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos