FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Is it possible to upgrade my license from standard to pro or do I have to buy a new license which will cost $4K?

LLars
Novice

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi LLars,

Yes it's possible. Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition software licenses are eligible to upgrade to Pro Edition. The number of upgrades available for purchase is equal to number of valid Standard or Subscription Edition software licenses.

Refer to the link below - Page 3

https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/Quartus_edits-2.pdf

For your kind info, not all devices are supported in Quartus Standard is supported in Quartus Pro. The only device family supported by both is Arria 10. You can check the device availability in the same link provided -Page 1

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
LLars
Novice

When I looked at the mouser link, it looks like the pro version doesn't support Cyclone V, which is the FPGA I am using, so upgrading will not enable me to compile the example code.

Is there a way to get a license to access the OpenCL IP blocks so I can?

0 Kudos
LLars
Novice

Is there a way to get access to the time limited components when using a Cyclone V?

0 Kudos
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi LLars, 

Yes, Cyclone V doesn't support under Quartus Pro. 

Which IP are you using? 

There is no additional licenses are required for 'Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL' for both Quartus Prime Pro/Standard Edition.

Check the link I have attached above in Page 2.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
LLars
Novice

the link to respond generates

Non-serializable class: java.util.ArrayList$SubList

Why can't I get a real answer instead of just pointing me back to places I have already been?

I am using Standard Quartus, which I paid for a license and a Cyclone V FPGA. How to I get access to any and all "time limited IP" so I can compile and run projects??

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Every IP supported on Cyclone V is available in Quartus Prime Standard. If you want to use OpenCL, you do NOT need an additional license for that starting from v17.0 and Quartus Prime Standard supports OpenCL just fine. If you want to use older versions, then you need an additional license. You will also need to get an OpenCL BSP from your board manufacturer or create one yourself; the latter is not provided by Intel except for their own reference boards. If you mention what board and what version of Quartus you are using, it would be easier to tell what you will need.

0 Kudos
LLars
Novice

I have decided that I am not going to use the FPGA with built in HPS since I have not been able to get an answer for the past 7 months.

TI offers a Soc with ARM CPU, DDR3 and lots of peripherals, so I am going to use that instead.

0 Kudos