FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Is it possible to use QSFP28 modules in the "Intel Stratix 10 TX Signal Integrity Development Kit" board? I need some information on this issue in terms of setup and software to enable this.

MA
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

QSFPDD is backward compatible with QSFP28

https://medium.com/@echobrown1314/an-overview-on-qsfp-dd-double-density-qsfp-ba6ad82822f8

• The QSFP-DD optical transceiver is also forward/backward compatible with QSFP, QSFP28 optical transceiver, AOC/DAC and so on.

http://www.qsfp-dd.com/

• Q: WHAT WILL THE MECHANICAL INTERFACE LOOK LIKE; CAN I PLUG A CURRENT QSFP INTO THE NEW CONNECTOR/CAGE?
  • A: The mechanical interface for QSFP-DD on the host board will be slightly deeper than for QSFP28 to accommodate the extra row of contacts. The height and width will be identical to the QSFP form factor enabling system designers to achieve identical system port count densities for QSFP28 or QSFP-DD based designs. Yes, you can plug any current QSFP module into the QSFP-DD 1×1 or the 2×1 cage / connector combinations.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
MA
Beginner

Can you please recommend a contact person or phone number for this product?

You have not answered my software and configuration question.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Sorry if I miss out your question but can you be more specific on your question asked here ?

• Kindly elaborate further on what kind of help that you need specifically on software and configuration ?

As this is forum support structure, the way it works is user post a question then the forum community will try to help to answer

If you need specific person to support your issue then my recommendation is to contact your local dfAE for support depending on your region and business justification

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
MA
Beginner

I want to do something similar to what your engineer does in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kM2LWsTP4

Is the software he is using available, and does it come with the FPGA kit? If not, can a similar functionality

be done through the quick test software?

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I can see that you are referring to a PAM4 demo youtube video.

For customer, we do provide generic board test system (BTS) software and design for customer to perform quick test on the dev kit board but it's not the same as demo design as demo design is targeted for some specific hardware setup and test purpose as shown in the youtube video.

You can refer to below link to understand the exact hardware and software tool that's available once you purchased the dev kit board.

For additional reference design, you can refer to below design link as well.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I have not hear back from you for close to 2 months.

Hopefully my earlier explanation is clear to you.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos