FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Is this a broken segment?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I packed up the board it was fine and it passed tests but now it seems that one segment has a bad joint or something since it won't light up (it's the fourth one from the right): 

http://i.stack.imgur.com/F8HEH.jpg  

Can you tell me what I should do? Can I talk to Altera about this since the board is brand new, should be a warranty issue? 

Any ideas? Or is it just a software bug that appeared after running my programs? I think it seems like a bad segment. Do you agree?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

These things happen. It might need to be baked.  

You could write some quick code to tie the output of that segment to a switch. It'll be on all the displays in that 4-pack but you'll know.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

These things happen. It might need to be baked.  

You could write some quick code to tie the output of that segment to a switch. It'll be on all the displays in that 4-pack but you'll know. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you for the reply. Could you elaborate a bit? I'm a newbie and I have some code that is supposed to control the segments but I have little hope of it working since it doesn't pass the test the board makes when it is turned on. 

What does "baked" mean?