FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Issue with the usage of Arria 10 (10AX115N3F40E2SG) development kit (bittware)

SLice
Beginner

I bought A10PL4 development kit with Arria 10 (part no : 10AX115N3F40E2SG) from bittware in March 2018. I am trying to run some sample code with PCIe interface included on FPGA. However, I am unable to load any new bit file on FPGA as PCIe virtual hot swap option is not working as expected with bittware software / drivers. I would like to know whether intel can provide driver / software to use this specified development kit.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I would recommend you to contact Bittware on the board related issue.

0 Kudos
SLice
Beginner

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. It seems there is no hardware issue in the board, however with the PCIe driver.

I would like to know the possibility to get the drivers / supporting software from intel, while using the bittware hardware.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

The PCIe driver is usually come with the board as it is depending on what design is being implemented.

Please let me know which particular design and driver you are using, if you are getting it from Intel.

0 Kudos
SLice
Beginner

Hi John,

I am looking for,

a) PCIe X 8 Support.

b) PCIe virtual hot swap support.

c) DMA 4 bar access.

d) PCIe minimum memory address space 255 MB

e) Vendor id - 0x12ba

f) Device id - 0x55

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I would recommend you to re-design your FPGA design and have the setting in the PCIe IP.

You can make any changes based on your requirement on PCIe IP. Please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lbl1415230609011.html.

0 Kudos
SLice
Beginner

Hi John,

PCIe ip configuration for FPGA has already been done. I would like to get the supporting driver files for CPU, to detect the FPGA card as PCIe device.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

I am not sure which reference design that you are referring to so I would suggest you to use the driver that is with the reference design in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/intellectual-property/interface-protocols/pci-express/m-pci-express-refdesigns.html. If you are using customize PCIe design, I would recommend you to modify the existing driver to fit your FPGA design.

0 Kudos