FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Length Matched routing on Cyclone 10 LP Evaluation Kit?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I've been tasked with finding the lowest-cost FPGA solution to a technical challenge as part of a Master's project where I must interface with a high-speed LVDS ADC running at several 100MHz. 

The Cyclone 10 LP seems a great fit but currently only the Evaluation Kit is available and I'm concerned the headers available aren't suitable to high-speed signalling and may not be length matched. 

Is anyone able to confirm this and can anyone recommend an alternative Cyclone 10 LP board available for a reasonable price? 

Many thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All supported kits would be listed here: 

https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/all-development-kits.html 

And I only see 2 Cyclone 10 kits from Intel available at this point. Contact Intel to see if the headers can support what you need.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you're looking for LVDS solutions, you may need to go for the Development kits as these will have HSMC IO ports, as well as other IOs and components for high-speed interfaces. There are two types of Dev Kits: 

1. PCIe based  

2. Stand alone board kits 

PCIe based kits have the PCIe connector which you will plug into the PCIe slots in the Desktop systems. These are good for high-speed PCIe based designs.  

The stand alone board kits are good for many other applications and are not limited like the PCIe kits. There will be more IO support in these kits and certain kits even have support for high-speed signal interfaces via Co-axial connectors. Most of these kits will have support for LVDS IO via matched routing on board. This will be taken care of in the board design for these boards/kits.  

You could contact Intel sales/FAEs to find out more about the one that suits your requirements .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It would depend upon the PMOD ADC board you plan to use as well. 

PMOD is usually for low speed interfaces. HSMC and FMC (Altera has started to use FMC for some of their more recent boards) might be more suitable for high speed interfaces.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks guys, 

I'll contact Intel and see what's possible.
0 Kudos