FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5147 Discussions

Linux device Driver for PCIe w/ regular DMA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I need to make a Linux device driver to access Altera's Stratix IV card via PCIe interface. I keep find references to some code for a Linux device driver using Scatter/Gather DMA (referenced here: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4525) but I need to make one for regular streaming DMA. How can I modify the Scatter/Gather driver to ise regular streaming DMA? I keep re-reading the DMA section in LDD3 and it just isn't registering. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hey there, 

I am pretty much working on a similar problem. I am using the stratix IV with a pcie interface reference design but am yet to sort out the driver completely.  

At this point I am using the sg/chaining dma driver example same as your driver example, but I am trying my luck by commenting out certain portions. But unfortunately am not able to register with the sg-dma on it. 

Keep me posted if you have any breakthrough. 

thanks