FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5227 Discussions

Looking for a design for the Cyclone III FPGA Development Board with MMU

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm looking for a recent design for the cyclone iii fpga development board using a Nios2 with MMU and the TSE. 

I am using QII 10.1sp1 and SOPC Builder. 

Are there some as 'reference design' ? 

TIA, 

Fred
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Finally, I found one here (http://www.alterawiki.com/uploads/f/f6/20110211_nios2_linux_3c120_125mhz_10.1sp1.tgz). 

However, I can't compile it, using QII v10.1sp1, without a 'Timing requirements not met'...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check what timing requirements it fails... Possibly JTAG or something not very serious.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Worst case Timing Paths indicates a slack=-0.033 for the Slow 1200mV 85C Model Setup of the ddr2_Lo_xxx|altpll_component|...pll1|clk[1]. 

I don't know if there is a relationship, but the verification fails after a nios2-download of my kernel...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And the same problem is reported also in the Worst-case slack section of "Multicorner Timing analysis Summary".

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Finally, my kernel boots, it was a bad software configuration. It hangs a little bit later, but that's normal life for a first try! 

I hope/suppose the Timing error is not too serious...