FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5158 Discussions

Low Latency 100G MAC not producing light through Mellanox MMA1B00-C100D optical module in Stratix 10 Transceiver Signal Integrity Kit

MBarn13
Beginner

I am attempting to use the Low Latency 100G Ethernet Intel Stratix 10 FPGA IP Core on the Stratix 10 Transceiver Signal Integrity Kit but am unable to communicate with the board. I am using a Mellanox MMA1B00-C100D optical module in the QSFP0 cage on the board and am looking at the transmit pins of the module for light but not seeing any. I am able to see light when I program the board with the qts_qsfp_sfp binary from the board support zip. When I instantiate the Low Latency 100G MAC from the qts_qsfp_sfp project I also do not see light from the optical module.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi Sir, For the LL 100G Ethernet IP design example, you can refer to the following link to create/generate it for the S10 Transceiver SI kit. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-dex-s10-ll-100gbe.pdf To isolate the problem, please try to turns on internal serial loopback and see if it can transmit and receive packet? Besides, if possible, please use a QSFP loopback module to perform the loopback. Regards -SK