FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

MAX 10 -TSE (internal MAC -licence)

sRama28
Beginner

hi

i am going to use internal MAX and external phy from marvell. .i have licence for TSE IP core.

Q1. Please confirm i need to buy any licence for using internal MAC.

Q2. Also how to set MAC ID for internal MAC FPGA/board.

00.07.ed is altera vendor id.then for remaining 6 bit how to generate?(user control /intel has to give)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello sRama28,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Let me try my best to clear your doubt.

1. Regarding explanation on MAC address ID
  • Attached is the MAC address ID breakdown structure. It comprised of 3 octets of OUI ID + 3 octets of NIC specific ID
    • OUI is referring to company unique ID that company needs to register to claim one. For instance, Altera OUI ID = 00:07:ed
    • NIC ID : can be any number assigned to end product developed by the company (for instance, max 10 dev kit board produced by Intel)
    • So, if you are asking about MAC address ID for max 10 dev kit board, then you can check out the MAC ID using BTS software as shown in (page 15) of Max10 dev kit user guide doc
    • https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-max10m50-fpga-dev-kit.pdf?wapkw=10M02
    • Else if you purchased Intel FPGA chip to build end product for your company then you should assign MAC ID based on your company OUI ID + NIC ID system
  1. Regarding licensing enquiry on Ethernet MAC IP solution
  • TSE IP itself already contains Ethernet MAC functionality. So if you already have TSE IP license then you are good to go.
    • Else if you are interested with other Ethernet IP solution provided by Intel FPGA, then you can go ahead to purchase the Ethernet IP license according

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
sRama28
Beginner
Hi Intel /Dlim Thanks for your immediate response . Very Good. Regards Sathishkumar R
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

You are welcome ! :)

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Alright, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos