FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

MAX10 Development Kit Board name, P/N and version corrupt

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After successfully having set up Linux on the MAX10 Dev Kit (using the tutorial from rocketboards for rev. C kit) and factory restoring (using the design examples included with the kit), the board name, board P/N, serial number and board version appear to have been corrupted (looking at the Board Test System, see screenshot) - or is this something I should expect? Thanks. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15856&stc=1
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

This may happen due to the character encoding on the Linux platform. If the rest of the board works as it should, my guess is that there are no other issues. You can leave this as is.

0 Kudos
HMunt
Beginner

I would appreciate if you elaborated. Is it possible to change these values voluntarily - if so, is there a document with the required steps? (are they stored in QSPI Flash? I would've thought not.).

I used Intel design tools under Windows 10, prior to and after factory restoring - to avoid confusion. Linux was only written to QSPI.

I cannot leave it as is, because as far as I can deduce from this context, the values must've been read from mutable memory. This would imply I cannot validate the board, except by reading the inscriptions on the PCB or the packaging and hence, I have little guarantee that my product is authentic.

0 Kudos
HMunt
Beginner

I've dissected the Board Test System DDR3 design and indeed, the board information is actually hard coded in the product_info IP. My initial reasoning towards board validation was not sensible.

0 Kudos