FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5230 Discussions

MAX10 Eavluation kit programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I have a query regards to MAX10 - 10M08 evaluation kit by altera.(http://www.altera.co.uk/products/devkits/altera/kit-max-10-evaluation.html

Do I need altera programming unit USB blaster or Ethernet Blaster to programming this board. 

When I am connecting this board to the USB port in programmer window next to Hardware setup shows ( No Hardware) . Please see the screenshot of the No hardware message. 

It appears to me MAX10 evaluation board is not detected. 

I dont know weather I need USB blaster to program the device or this device can be programmed without any additional altera programming hardware. 

Please advise. 

Regards 

Arunava
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, you need a USB Blaster cable for that board. 

The BeMicro MAX 10 board has different features, but is lower cost and has an embedded USB Blaster.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, you need a USB Blaster cable for that board. 

The BeMicro MAX 10 board has different features, but is lower cost and has an embedded USB Blaster. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for this information.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

USB blaster sold by terasic technology is £34.30 compared to USB blaster sold by Altera. 

Can I use USB blaster sold by Terasic technologies to program MAX10 FPGA. 

Please advise.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For reference link to USB blaster download cable. 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=74 

Please advice can this programming cable could be used to program MAX10 FPGA.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The USB Blaster from Terasic is equal to ALTERA's one - you can go with the Terasic one.