FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5874 Discussions

MAX10 development kit uart issue "non genuine device"

GZhan28
Beginner

Hi Intel,

I purcahsed a MAX10 development kit from Digikey--intel order code : DK-DEV-10M50-A

I am using windows 10 system. When I try to use serial port, my tera term or putty show non genuine device.

I searched a bit and find it may related to the FTDI chip you use on board. Can you help me solve the issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi 

Can you let us know under the device manager in Windows  whether the USB serial port is being shown when the kit is being plugged in to the system. If not what is being shown after the kit is connected. 

Also can you plugin the Device  to a Linux machine or a Windows 7 machine  and let us know whether the same issue persists. 

This is to check  that the issue is related to FTDI driver  in the Windows 10 upgrade or not. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
GZhan28
Beginner

Under device manager, the port can be correctly seen.

It works perfect under windows7 because windows7 driver does not detect fake chip. But I have limited access to win7 now, and I do not have Linux. 

I need this board work with window 10.

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi, 

Please let us know the version details about the driver. 

Also if you cannot get access to any machine other than Windows 10 , please  try to use an older version of driver and see that if the issue still persists. 

As we cannot comment on what is the mechanism used by the driver software to judge a chip to be non genuine  , you can try to get the board working with an older version of driver. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Hope you are able to work with the board as per the suggestions related to the driver.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos