FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Max 10 Eval Kit - creating .pof file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Max 10 FPGA Evaluation kit User Guide instructions for generating a .pof file (to burn into Flash) do not appear to match the menus I see on Quartus 15.01 lite. Does anyone have example settings for the assignment/device and assignment/settings menus and Generating a .pof file,or a step-by-step "my first FPGA" style tutorial I can use as a starter guide? The Max 10 FPGA Configuration User Guide and Max 10 FGA Evaluation Kit User guide both have the same procedure but appear to be written for a different version of Quartus.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Which one of MAX10 development? 

When you generate programming file if all IP core are free both file are generated by, if property IP core are present then just SOF time limited is generated. 

Please clarify what are you generating. 

Regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using the 10M08 Evaluation kit - The $50 kit with little more than the Max 10 device and an oscillator on board. It currently boots itself with a LED flashing routine. I need a simple controller for a RF synthesizer, have no need for IP. I can run my problem via download from the USB Blaster and want to convert the .sof file to .pof and store it in onboard Flash configuration Ram. The Max 10 FPGA Configuration User Guide and Max 10 FGA Evaluation Kit User guide both have the same procedure but appear to be written for a different version of Quartus. I have tried 15.1 and 14.1. Neither seem to work. I was hoping there is an example somewhere that could give me a starting point.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure this can solve your issue, it is not clear to me what you are doing so you are requesting to program a binary image of something external from quartus to FLash or ram? This can be done by convert programming file: 

Click on menu File then convert_programming-files 

on the pane add your fles to be converted then hit "generate" than close. 

Your application for RF sintetiser in which language is written? 

How and what are you donwloading to MAX 10?
0 Kudos