FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Max 10 FPGA INTERNAL FLASH

Pavithran_G
Beginner

Hi,

We are using MAX 10 FPGA (10M04SCE144C8G) for our design and the resource utilization for this design is not more than (1K LUT). Please clarify me that for this design the internal flash memory is sufficient or we need to add any external flash.

And also Please provide steps for how to generate and add pof file to internal flash memory.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I am Farabi who will be supporting this request. 

You can use CFM (Configuration Flash Memory) embedded inside MAX10 device to store the compressed .pof file. 

For 10M04 devices, you can store 2(two) compressed configuration image. (pls refer Table 2.2 of attached document).

For methods on how to program your .pof file into Max10's CFM , please refer to page 3-7 for step-by-step method.

regards,
Farabi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't think it's possible to create a MAX 10 design that does not fit in the onboard flash.  That's kind of the whole point.

You can simply use the Quartus Programmer to program the .pof into the onboard flash.  See the configuration user guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683865/current/fpga-configuration-overview.html

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I am Farabi who will be supporting this request. 

You can use CFM (Configuration Flash Memory) embedded inside MAX10 device to store the compressed .pof file. 

For 10M04 devices, you can store 2(two) compressed configuration image. (pls refer Table 2.2 of attached document).

For methods on how to program your .pof file into Max10's CFM , please refer to page 3-7 for step-by-step method.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos