FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Missing drivers

Omoth
Novice

ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_0800

ACPI\INT0800

*INT0800

Please help identifying the driver needed, cant find it anywhere.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

COmot, Thank you very much for your response.

All the customized drivers needed for this computer to work properly are provided by HP. The Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform.

If HP did not validate Windows* 10 as a supported OS, then the next thing to do will be to check with them directly if they have the driver needed for your system. 

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

COmot, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

By any chance, are you using Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Omoth
Novice

Annotation 2020-06-02 075833.pngYes it's a laptop - HP dv5-1251nr and it is not new, it is working fine, I upgraded the OS from windows Vista 64 to windows 10 64 Home and yes I downloaded Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). I was just looking through my device manager to check if I got all the drivers and realized that is the only driver I don't have, searched around and found it belongs to Intel, (82802/Intel ME/Intel TXE) I can't tell which one and when I download none of them seem to be supported by the system.

Alberto_R_Intel

COmot, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Yes, that is correct, the driver actually belongs to Intel® ME/Intel® TXE and the reason why the driver is missing, since this computer is not that new, is because it is not fully compatible with Windows* 10, you can always install that OS but some drivers like the one you are looking for will not be available.

I looked for the driver in HP's web site for the HP dv5-1251nr and I was not able to find that product, I found a similar one HP Pavilion dv5-2231nr and it said that it only supports until Windows* 7:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv5-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4346367/model/5083665

So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP for them to confirm if Windows* 10 is fully compatible with the laptop and to verify if they have that driver available for you to install it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

Omoth
Novice

I found that already but can't install it:

Annotation 2020-06-03 154058.png

Annotation 2020-06-03 153759.pngI thought I could find the driver direct from Intel.

Alberto_R_Intel

COmot, Thank you very much for your response.

All the customized drivers needed for this computer to work properly are provided by HP. The Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform.

If HP did not validate Windows* 10 as a supported OS, then the next thing to do will be to check with them directly if they have the driver needed for your system. 

Regards,

Albert R.

Omoth
Novice

I guess this is HP problem I'll take it to them, thank you so much for your help and time.

Alberto_R_Intel

COmot, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Yes, correct, the next thing to do in this case will be to get in contact directly with HP for them to confirm if they ave the driver needed available:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.