FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

N3000 bind pcie leads the server reboot

ahaa
Beginner

Recently,  our two servers which installed N3000-1 and N3000-2 respectively meet the same questions. And both of the servers had been work correctly with N3000 for several months. Here are the main phenomenons:

1. when burn the sof file with JTAG, the server would reboot in the page of burning and then you need burn it again
  2. when bind the pcie B:D:F of the FPGA,the servers would reboot as well;
  3. when use the command of “sudo rsu bmcimg”, the servers would reboot.

Actually,the two servers are used by different people and they do not use the other machine. The log shows that the occurrence of reboot dues to the release of  interrupt.

We tried to uninstall the opae packages, and the machine would not reboot now. However, it makes that the functions of opae are unavailable, which is not the best option.

Anyone knows why and any least expensive solutions ?

Thanks!

ahaa_0-1636618876330.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee
  1. when burn the sof file with JTAG, the server would reboot in the page of burning and then you need burn it again

==> This is expected. When you program the sof, you are actually reprogramming the FPGA directly (not the FPGA flash). Host will panic when it see Endpoint disappear (during the programming) from its pcie bus

1. when bind the pcie B:D:F of the FPGA,the servers would reboot as well;

==> What driver are you binding? I dont expect binding OPAE driver will cause any reboot.

1. when use the command of “sudo rsu bmcimg”, the servers would reboot.

==> rsu bmcimg will first mask the PCIe AER and then reprogram the FPGA from the flash. Server reboot is not expected. What bitstream are you using.

If you can provide more information such as rpm -qa | grep opae, fpgainfo fme, fpgainfo port, dmesg -T, lspci -vvv (before and after reboot). I can help to take further look into it.  

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

There is no reply from you.
I am setting this case to closed-pending,
This loop will be close after 7 days if still no reply

Hoping to hear back from you.

Regards,
WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Regards,
WeiChuan_C_Intel

0 Kudos