FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

NEEK & Design Tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Nios II System Architect - Design Tutorial (TU-01004-1.0) Section 5 page 35 step 3 states in the New Project dialog box, click Nios II C/C++ Application. 

No such item is available to click on and I can't find any view that asks for the neek_system.ptf file. I'm new and learning, I'm using the lastest web based Quartus II 9.1 SP2. I have found several other differences between the tutorial and the tool but this one has me stumped. 

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Start Nios II IDE (note: not Quartus!) 

Then: 

File->New->Project 

Select Altera Nios->Nios C/C++ application 

This applies to 9.0 sp2 but I think it's identical or similar for 9.1 

Cris
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm running the lastest web based Quartus II design chain and I am in the SOPC Builder opening the Eclipse programming IDE. Since posting I did find a newer tutorial "My First NIOS II Software Design" that may help me through the difference between 9.0 and 9.1 SP2.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You were correct. I started Nios II IDE from Windows rather than from than from the SOPC builder as stated in the tutorial and I get the menu item Nios II C/C++ 

Thanks