FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

NEEK programming issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I've recently bought a neek development board and I tried to follow the niosII SOPC builder 1day lab, which i found on altera training courses program. 

I've made an example sopc design. 

Everything goes right except the message which i get when programmer is launched. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Info: SRAM Object File /home/morf/Studia/FPGA/Szkolenie_niosII/NiosII_CIII_3C25/niosII_lab/niosII_lab_time_limited.sof contains time-limited megafunction that supports OpenCore Plus feature 

--- Quote End ---  

What should I do, i guess there is a problem with licensing? 

thakns for any info 

best regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, it means that you don't have a license for at least one of the IPs in your project. 

It will work as long as you keep the USB cable connected, and don't quit the programmer. 

If you quit the programmer, the unlicensed parts of the FPGA configuration won't work anymore. If you disconnect the USB cable before quitting the programmer, it will work far a limited amount of time (1 hour, usually).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for reply:) 

I see the point, and also I tested what happens when i unplugged usb programmer. 

But is it normal when using SOPC builder? 

I've used only standard components... 

what should i do?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The NIOS CPU requires an additional license. As long as you are just developing and testing, you can stay that way, but when you want to flash your design, then you'll need to buy a license.

0 Kudos